Come and join us! We currently have exciting opportunities for Warehouse Line Manager to join our team in Thetford
- This post is working NIGHTS
- The hours of work and shift patterns are: 18:00 - 06:00 - 4 on 4off
- £16.50 (including 10% shift allowance)
The factory is a modern environment with very good working conditions.
Many of our staff have progressed their careers through the business with opportunities across various departments.
The Warehouse FLM is a people manager position and looking after the people and the team will be your main KPI. Role includes - proactively supervise the daily efficient running of all intake operations. Ensuring well planned and coordinated use and deployment of staff to deliver the needs of the business. Coordinating between planning, production, technical and intake teams to ensure timely and efficient materials are supplied to production lines. Liaising with managers, supervisors, FLMs and other key staff across the business to enable smooth operations for all. Developing staff to be flexible and provide training to ensure good cover for absence and holidays. Working close with supplying haulier companies to make sure all goods in deliveries or collections are pre-booked and got time slots issued. Be supportive of the aims of the company and department. You will also be very flexible, the role may need to be cross functional with Despatch when needed, but only when full training provided.
The Ideal Candidate
- Taking a pro-active, constructive approach in looking after team members and their wellbeing – they are your most important asset.
- Work in close partnership with Planning, Production and Technical teams.
- Pre-start up checks done and scanned to H/S department.
- Day to Day general Health & Safety.
- Achieve KPI targets set by Department manager.
- Apply policies in the department to meet customer demands.
- Control procedures for the movement of commodities into, and out of the department.
- Control accuracy of all delivery notes in and out of the department.
- Ensure FLT start-ups checks are completed, issues reported and W/O raised with Briggs if maintenance required;
- Ensure accuracy of goods movements.
- Ensure all storage spaces are utilized maximizing their capacity and allergen segregation.
- Paperwork completing for outloads via SAP system, manually or through issued tools.
- Plan and carry out stocktaking when required.
- Basic understanding of planning the department and transport schedule.
- Ensure good housekeeping – always audit ready.
- Full understanding of all other roles in the department.
- Free bus available from Norwich / Attleborough / Wymondham
- 20 Days Holiday
- Opportunities for overtime
- Free onsite parking
- Hot food available on site plus free hot drinks and fruit
- Exclusive 2 Sisters employee discount offering savings of up to 60% with brands including Asda, Morrisons, Marks and Spencer and Tesco.
- £100 refer a friend scheme
- Fantastic development opportunities available for promotion and career development
- In-house training including L1 & 2 Health and Safety certification, and paid apprenticeship opportunities with fantastic career progression.
- Fast Track Progression and Development Opportunities
- Employee of the Month and ‘My Bright Idea’ awards
- Employee assistance programme.
- Grocery Aid - employees access to counselling
- Wellbeing support on site
- Death in service benefit, optional - linked to pension
About the Company
2Sisters Thetford is an added value site; designing, producing and packaging breaded products using best in class equipment, which enables the site to deliver significant environmental benefits. The low-energy building is the flagship development within the 2 Sisters group.
2 Sisters Food Group is one of the UK’s biggest food manufacturers providing great tasting products to the nation, from chicken to cookies and pizza to pies!
With 18 sites in England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland. We employ over 13,500 staff, all of whom have the opportunity to progress as we focus on promoting from within and you can be part of that too.
Knowing that our business is only as good as the people we employ, we ensure that we invest in people like you to enhance skills and professional development.
2 Sisters Food Group