Come and join us! We currently have a permanent opportunity for a Air Traffic Controller to join our team in Scunthorpe
- This post is working two week rotating shift pattern
- The hours of work and shift patterns are 0600-1430 & 1430-2300, Monday to Friday
- The rate of pay is: £14.00 per hour
- Please be advised that to be successful within this role you will need to commit to working early starts
- Expected to maintain and monitor all the chicken entering the cutting room, ensuring it is assigned to the correct product line based on both size and weight. Appropriate distribution to product lines is vital as it will allow for orders to be fulfilled much more efficiently.
- As a Bird Distributor, you will be accountable for monitoring and checking over all orders and packs that come through the system. Including both Retail and Company orders to clients such as Nandos, Tesco and Morrison’s as well as other big-name poultry retailers.
- Giveaway on retail lines will also need to be tracked to calculate and monitor overall loss on products, will go hand in hand with the tracking of hourly targets.
- Accountable for creating hourly reports on cutting room activity, this allows for the production process to be monitored closely and precisely to help see if the process is on or off target and meeting company expectations.
- With the cutting room having multiple lines that will be producing different cuts of poultry, a central system of control (M5) is necessary to allow tailoring of production to meet set hourly targets. If any lines do need to be changed, it is the responsibility of the Bird Distributor to ensure lines are manually changed to fit the specific needs of orders. It is vital this is acted on responsibly as the entire production line can break down if the M5 isn’t used properly.
- A Bird Distributor is also accountable for ensuring all details are recorded onto spreadsheets regarding hourly figures, for all kinds of details such as birds hung, floor waste line breakdowns etc.
The Ideal Candidate
Our ideal Air Traffic Controller will have passion for delivering our customer orders whilst making sure our high Health and Safety, Food Safety and Product Quality standards are met.
You will be comfortable working in a chilled food processing environment.
We are a fast moving business so you need to enjoy working at pace and have determination to take action and achieve results.
Previous experience working in a factory or warehouse environment would be useful, but not essential, as full training will be provided.
- Immediate starts within a few days
- Free bus to work, limited to the rotating two week shift pattern
- Exclusive 2 Sisters employee discount platform available via an app offering savings of up to 60% with brands including Asda, Morrisons, M&S and Tesco
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Wellbeing and occupational health support on site
- £100 refer a friend scheme
- Fast track to become a skilled colleague - Progression and Development Opportunities
- In-house training that includes L2 and L1 Health and Safety Certification
- Opportunities for overtime
- A Covid-19 safe environment
- Canteen with hot, affordable food
- Free Off Street parking
- Employee Recognition Awards Monthly
- Seasonal Events
About the Company
We are one of British business's most compelling success stories of the past 20 years. More than 15,000 colleagues drawn from 36 nationalities help to make a mind-boggling array of some of the finest food in Britain - From poultry to pizza to pies, from ready meals to ranges of soup. We started out from very humble beginnings in the early 1990s, and from there 2 Sisters has grown to become one of the leading food manufacturing companies in Europe, producing great quality, great value food.
We have a strong UK presence in poultry, chilled and bakery food categories, as well as a brand favourite with Holland’s pies. We are also committed to delivering the highest quality products to the British public and to our retail and food service customers. Our customers include Aldi, Asda, Co-op, KFC, Lidl, Marks & Spencer, Morrison's, Sainsbury's, Tesco and Waitrose.
2 Sisters Food Group