The role of Waste Team Leader is to ensure that all waste operations are run in accordance with site, legal and customer requirements
To ensure the area has enough people to be able to operate safely, cover all holiday request and operate at optimal efficiency
- This post is working either Days or Nights
- The hours of work and shift patterns are: Days 0600 - 1800 or Nights 18:00 - 06:00 on a 4on 4off shift rotation
- The rate of pay is: £11.50 per hour (£12.65 including night allowance.)
- Responsible for completing all relevant waste documentation
- Responsible for planning all waste movements from site
- Responsible for collating and reporting all waste KPI data for site
- Adhere to all Company procedures especially waste procedures
- Actively seek to improve waste department performance
- Responsible for training of new team members and ensuring all relevant training paperwork is completed
- Responsible for manning/establishments on shift
- Responsible for completing team investigations, probationary reviews, appraisals, monitoring absence levels and annual leave of team
- Carry out RTW with employees on the day of return
- Ensuring water usage is kept to a minimum
- Adhere to waste segregation rules
- Present waste performance data at relevant meetings
- Responsible for Health & Safety for all team members and waste area GMP
In addition, you must be prepared to undertake any reasonable requests made to meet the business needs of the company
The Ideal Candidate
Experience of Waste Operations, preferably within a Food environment.
Able to apply site targets on waste reduction
Targeted for working towards and maintaining zero waste to landfill
Able to measure incidents and assist with investigation reporting (H&S KPI)
Good standard of spoken & written English, which will allow written instructions to be read & effectively communicated.
Solid level of numeracy – able to calculate & report on performance.
A high level of flexibility is required
- 20 Days Holiday
- Opportunities for overtime
- Free onsite parking
- Free buses from Norwich or Wymondham
- Hot food available on site plus free hot drinks and fruit
- Exclusive 2 Sisters employee discount offering savings of up to 60% with brands including Asda, Morrisons, Marks and Spencer and Tesco.
- £100 refer a friend scheme
- Fantastic development opportunities available for promotion and career development
- In-house training including L1 & 2 Health and Safety certification, and paid apprenticeship opportunities with fantastic career progression.
- Fast Track Progression and Development Opportunities
- Employee of the Month and ‘My Bright Idea’ awards
- Employee assistance programme.
- Grocery Aid - employees access to counselling
- Wellbeing support on site
- Death in service benefit, optional - linked to pension
- A COVID 19 safe environment.
About the Company
2 Sisters Thetford is an added value site; designing, producing and packaging breaded products using best in class equipment, which enables the site to deliver significant environmental benefits. The low-energy building is the flagship development within the 2 Sisters group.
2 Sisters Food Group is one of the UK’s biggest food manufacturers providing great tasting products to the nation, from chicken to cookies and pizza to pies!
With 18 sites in England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland. We employ over 13,500 staff, all of whom have the opportunity to progress as we focus on promoting from within and you can be part of that too.
Knowing that our business is only as good as the people we employ, we ensure that we invest in people like you to enhance skills and professional development.
2 Sisters Food Group