Come and join us! We currently have a permanent opportunity for a Poultry Welfare Officer to join our team in Flixton/Bungay.
Hours of work are 4:45AM-15.50PM
The Key responsibilities of the role will be to oversee the welfare of poultry, from arriving at site through to kill in order to ensuring that all legislative industry standards are met.
- Animal welfare-ensure the checking of all livestock on arrival through processing, improve the feedback procedure to Technical Manager & Factory Manager. Communicating with regulatory officials.
- Complete all records and paperwork for welfare checks and other checks in line with your duties.
- Carry out temperature / humidity checks
- Gas readings on the easy load
- Log loads on breakdowns
- Performing start up checks to ensure all live birds areas meet hygiene and safety standards.
Investigate Dead on Arrival, identifying why they have occurred and suggesting ways of improving.
- You are responsible for ensuring all daily/weekly AW documentation is fully completed.
Other role metrics / KPIs
- Compliance against all legislative requirements
- Compliance against all customer requirements
- Employee engagement
- Competency requirements
- Self-motivated and driven to perform at a high level
The Ideal Candidate
Self-motivated and driven to perform at a high level
The ideal candidate must have previous experience in the animal welfare sector
- 28 Days Holiday
- Opportunities for Overtime
- Free onsite parking
- Canteen on site
- Exclusive 2 Sisters employee discount platform available via an app offering savings of up to 60% with brands including Asda, Morrisons, Marks and Spencer and Tesco.
- Full and Part Time Contracts Available
- £100 refer a friend scheme
- Free buses to work for the from certain routes
- Employee assistance programme.
- Grocery Aid - employees access to counselling
- Death in service benefit, optional - linked to pension
- A COVID 19 safe environment.
- Wellbeing support on site
- Fantastic development opportunities available for promotion and career development
- In-house training that includes L2 and L1 Health and Safety certification, and paid apprenticeship opportunities with fantastic career progression.
- Fast Track to become a skilled colleague - Progression and Development Opportunities
- Employee of the Month - Passion & Pride
About the Company
We are one of British business's most compelling success stories of the past 20 years. More than 15,000 colleagues drawn from 36 nationalities help to make a mind-boggling array of some of the finest food in Britain - From poultry to pizza to pies, from ready meals to ranges of soup. We started out from very humble beginnings in the early 1990s, and from there 2 Sisters has grown to become one of the leading food manufacturing companies in Europe, producing great quality, great value food.
We have a strong UK presence in poultry, chilled and bakery food categories, as well as a brand favourite with Holland’s pies. We are also committed to delivering the highest quality products to the British public and to our retail and food service customers. Our customers include Aldi, Asda, Co-op, KFC, Lidl, Marks & Spencer, Morrison's, Sainsbury's, Tesco and Waitrose.
2 Sisters Food Group