This is a rare opportunity for an Occupational Health Technician to join our Thetford team.
You will be working 4on 4off 10.00 - 22.00 - Some flexibility available and can be discussed at interview
The hourly rate is £13.50ph + 10% night shift allowance between 10pm - 6am
- Measure Blood pressure, pulse, height, weight and BMI.
- New starter assessment- The OHT is restricted to the assessment of new starters’ responses to questionnaires; Identifying and reporting the outcome, and where the responses to questions raise concerns, these should be discussed with a registered OH practitioner.
- Measure visual acuity and colour vision
- Assess mobility – limited to practical assessment of the person’s ability to perform a series of functional activities e.g. a squat.
- Drug and alcohol testing
- Level 1&2 HAVS
- Interpretation of food handler’s questionnaires
- Skin assessment; refer to a registered practitioner any concerns
- Risk assessments (additional training required)
- DSE assessments
- Order stock and calibration of equipment
- Include concepts of health promotion
The Ideal Candidate
Suitable backgrounds include:
- Health Care Assistant
- Fitness Instructor
- Ambulance medic
- Military Medic
- Experience of working in Occupational Health
Full training can be provided.
Demonstrate a self-motivated and proactive approach to work
Be able to work effectively both independently and within a team framework
Be IT literate
Be able to prioritise own workload and have good time management skills
Capable of working flexibly and to strict deadlines
Understand the importance of treating all patients with respect, dignity and privacy
Excellent verbal and customer service skills
Have a sound educational background including a good standard of numeracy and written English
Have the ability to maintain strict confidentiality
Be happy to work unsociable hours as required.
FREE BUS SERVICE from Norwich, Attleborough, Wymondham and Thetford Centre
20 Days Holiday
Opportunities for overtime
Free onsite parking
Hot food available on site plus free hot drinks and fruit
Exclusive 2 Sisters employee discount offering savings of up to 60% with brands including Asda, Morrisons, Marks and Spencer and Tesco.
£100 refer a friend scheme
Fantastic development opportunities available for promotion and career development
In-house training including L1 & 2 Health and Safety certification, and paid apprenticeship opportunities with fantastic career progression.
Fast Track Progression and Development Opportunities
Employee of the Month and ‘My Bright Idea’ awards
Employee assistance programme.
Grocery Aid - employees access to counselling
Wellbeing support on site
Death in service benefit, optional - linked to pension
About the Company
2Sisters Thetford is an added value site; designing, producing and packaging breaded products using best in class equipment, which enables the site to deliver significant environmental benefits. The low-energy building is the flagship development within the 2 Sisters group.
2 Sisters Food Group is one of the UK’s biggest food manufacturers providing great tasting products to the nation, from chicken to cookies and pizza to pies!
With 18 sites in England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland. We employ over 13,500 staff, all of whom have the opportunity to progress as we focus on promoting from within and you can be part of that too.
Knowing that our business is only as good as the people we employ, we ensure that we invest in people like you to enhance skills and professional development.
2 Sisters Food Group