Come and join us! We currently have a permanent opportunity for a General Operative to join our team in Scunthorpe.
- This post is working a rotating shift pattern - 06:00-14:30 / 14:30-23:00
- The hours of work and shift patterns are Monday to Friday
- The rate of pay is £11.00 per hour
As a General Operative with 2 Sisters, you will be handling, trussing, cutting and packing food products for top tier customers within a busy chilled factory environment. You will:
- Be responsible in terms of hygiene, hands must always be cleaned and sanitised using the wash stations provided in all departments.
- Be aware of surrounding environment and the potential hazards that could cause harm to yourself or your peers.
- Be able to contribute towards achieving the product targets set for the day by working at a consistent work rate.
- Ensure that waste is kept to a minimum through a good quality of cut. It is important that the yield matches the requirements of the KPI to ensure the produce manufactured is to a top standard.
- Be responsible for ensuring no foreign body risks are in the product.
- Working in our ‘Cutting’ department portioning chicken in to wings, drums, breast , thigh etc.
- Working in our 'Wholebird' department ensuring all spices for rubs are correctly added to the product and essentially working with the whole chicken rather than portions.
- Be working towards achieving the product targets set for the day by working at a consistent work rate.
- Ensure products on the production line are fit to purpose.
- Report Machine faults and issues to ensure line succession.
No experience is necessary as full training will be provided.
You will be required to handle raw meat.
The Ideal Candidate
Our ideal General Operative will have passion for delivering our customer orders whilst making sure our high Health and Safety, Food Safety and Product Quality standards are met.
You will be comfortable working in a chilled food processing environment.
We are a fast moving business so you need to enjoy working at pace and have the motivation to take action and achieve results.
Previous experience working in a factory or warehouse environment would be useful, but not essential, as full training will be provided.
Scunthorpe Site currently has a vacancy for a Factory Operative working in our state of the art poultry department. Offering the following benefits for all employees.
- Exclusive 2 Sisters employee discount platform available via an app offering savings of up to 60% with brands including Asda, Morrisons, M&S and Tesco
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free bus to work
- Wellbeing and occupational health support on site
- £100 refer a friend scheme
- Fantastic development opportunities available for promotion and career development
- In-house training that includes L1 and L2 Health and Safety Certification
- Opportunities for overtime
- A Covid-19 safe environment
- Canteen with hot, affordable food
- Free off-street parking
- Employee recognition awards
- Seasonal Events and Family Fun Days
- Staff Sales
About the Company
We are one of British business's most compelling success stories of the past 20 years. More than 15,000 colleagues drawn from 36 nationalities help to make a mind-boggling array of some of the finest food in Britain - From poultry to pizza to pies, from ready meals to ranges of soup. We started out from very humble beginnings in the early 1990s, and from there 2 Sisters has grown to become one of the leading food manufacturing companies in Europe, producing great quality, great value food.
We have a strong UK presence in poultry, chilled and bakery food categories, as well as a brand favourite with Holland’s pies. We are also committed to delivering the highest quality products to the British public and to our retail and food service customers. Our customers include Aldi, Asda, Co-op, KFC, Lidl, Marks & Spencer, Morrison's, Sainsbury's, Tesco and Waitrose.
2 Sisters Food Group