This is a permanent opportunity for a Engineering Trainer to join our every growing Engineering Department team in Scunthorpe.
- This post is working Monday to Friday
- The hours of work will vary but will mostly follow the apprentice working hours which are 07:00am to 15:00pm
- The rate of pay is: £19.50 per hour
- Please be advised that to be successful within this role you will need to commit to mentoring a Team of apprentices.
The key aspects of the role include:
- Being the apprentice lead / first point of contact liaising with the training provider to ensure the apprentices are on track.
- Be able to work with apprentices alone and as a group to ensure they are learning the correct skills.
- Have an understanding that learning across the group will happen at different rates and be able to balance your support accordingly.
- Understand that the expectation is for the talent to be nurtured, but that at times a gentle push or escalation to Line Manager may be required.
- Build a relationship of trust and honesty with the apprentices to ensure that you become their go to person when needed.
- Work with the Engineering management team on what training provisions are required and available, provide ideas and coordinating training accordingly.
- Maintaining accurate training records.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be an Engineer with experience working in a food production environment or similar and ideally have training experience, be passionate about passing on their experience and capable of doing so in way that supports the learning of the Apprentices throughout the entire period of their learning and development.
At 2 Sisters Food Group we are investing in our future and that of the next generation of Engineers. We are underway with identifying the next cohort of Engineering Apprentices and as a result, we are now looking for the critical element of the project.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Engineering Trainer who will take these apprentices under their wing and be responsible for developing them into talented Engineers.
About the Company
We are one of British business's most compelling success stories of the past 20 years. More than 15,000 colleagues drawn from 36 nationalities help to make a mind-boggling array of some of the finest food in Britain - From poultry to pizza to pies, from ready meals to ranges of soup. We started out from very humble beginnings in the early 1990s, and from there 2 Sisters has grown to become one of the leading food manufacturing companies in Europe, producing great quality, great value food.
We have a strong UK presence in poultry, chilled and bakery food categories, as well as a brand favourite with Holland’s pies. We are also committed to delivering the highest quality products to the British public and to our retail and food service customers. Our customers include Aldi, Asda, Co-op, KFC, Lidl, Marks & Spencer, Morrison's, Sainsbury's, Tesco and Waitrose.
2 Sisters Food Group