Location: West Bromwich
Starting Salary: £19,177.60 per annum
Permanent role, 40 hours per week
Start date: September 2023
Become an Apprentice at 2 Sisters and open up a world of possibilities
A taste of the future!
Our Engineering Apprentice scheme supports our aim of being recognised as an excellent place to work and enables 2 Sisters Food Group to attract, retain and further develop entry-level roles within our business, providing career progression opportunities for those with promise and ability. Our intention is to provide you with a great experience and meaningful work and an ongoing career within our business.
As an Engineering Apprentice, you will be joining one of British business's most compelling success stories of the past 20 years. If you are looking for a new opportunity in a large organisation and have a real passion for Engineering, look no further and click apply today.
2 Sisters Food Group is one of the UK’s largest food manufacturers, with an annual turnover of £3billion+. More than 13,500 colleagues drawn from 36 nationalities help to make a mind-boggling array of some of the finest food in Britain - from poultry to pizza, from ready meals to ranges of soup. We started from very humble beginnings in the early 1990s. From there, 2 Sisters has grown to become one of Europe's leading food manufacturing companies, producing excellent quality, great value food.
About the role
We are recruiting two Engineering Apprentices to join our Poultry site located at West Bromwich.
Engineering plays a huge part in 2 Sisters and this opportunity allows you to understand the scale and complexity of production. You will be based full-time at college in the first year of your apprenticeship, with the second and third year being based on site working Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm. We will give you real tasks and empower you to make real decisions. As an apprentice within our engineering department you will receive good all-round training in engineering practices. You will support our engineering team with general duties on site as well as learning a well recognised qualification during your time with us.
You will be trained to a very high standard in areas such as;
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Automation Engineering
- Fault finding skills
- Adjustment and setting of machines to a good operating standard
You will roll your sleeves up and get stuck into life at 2 Sisters. As an Engineer, you will be key to keeping our sites running and work with some of our equipment. You will have exposure to people at all different levels and learn from some of the best in the industry.
We will support you right from the start as well as give you a structured development plan. You will also be partnered with a mentor who will be with you every step of the way.
About our Apprenticeship Scheme
You will be employed on a permanent contract, with the Apprenticeship qualification which you will be working towards, being 36 months in duration. The roles will commence in September 2023.
The apprenticeship is an Advanced Level 3 Engineering Technician (Mechatronics pathway) and will consist of functional skills in English and Maths (Level 1/2), where applicable. Upon completion of the Apprenticeship, you will meet the professional standards of the Engineering Council for registration as Engineering Technician (EngTech) by an appropriate Professional Engineering Institution.
In the first year, you will be full-time at college with In-Comm Training & Business Services. In the second and third year of your apprenticeship, the remaining aspects of your training will be delivered on-site with your employer, where you will have monthly site visits from your designated college assessor, who will monitor your progress throughout your apprenticeship programme.
We will offer you:
- Starting salary of £19,177.60 per annum which will rise throughout your time on the scheme based on satisfactory performance in the role
- You will have access to a mentor and a buddy
- Regular reviews and 121s with your line manager
- Unique Personal Development Plan to support your learning
- Opportunity to study for a well recognised apprenticeship
- Development Days to build your confidence, network and performance
- Exposure and opportunity to meet our Senior Management Team
We enable people from every background to achieve their career ambitions, giving them the support, benefits, training and environment they need to thrive at work.
Our commitment to you!
- We will develop your engineering capability
- Target your development for future growth as an engineer
- Develop your specific knowledge of engineering in the food industry
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completion of your apprenticeship, there is potential for you to progress and gain experience within Engineering and develop a successful and rewarding career in the sector. Our main aim is to bring somebody into the team and for them to develop and become a key team member. We are looking to invest our knowledge, skills and time in the right person.
Can I apply?
We are looking for Apprentices who:
- Have excellent fault finding skills
- Computer literate
- Good reporting and communication skills
- Can work as part of a team
- Flourish in fast paced environment
- Flexible and proactive approach and enthusiastic to take on work
Our eligibility criteria for our Engineering Apprenticeship Scheme is as follows:
- 5 GCSEs at Grades *A-C/9-4 which must include English and Maths.
- Full UK driving license would be preferable although not essential, as you must be able to transport to and from the workplace and to your college to study towards your apprenticeship.
- A real passion for all things food Engineering!
Please bear in mind that these roles are very demanding both physically and mentally and are factory based. There may be a requirement to work shifts.
To apply please submit your CV including a Personal Statement, which must evidence your proven passion for engineering, why you are interested in the role and why we should consider your application.
Please be aware of the following key dates:
- Closing date for receipt of applications: 05/04/2023
Subject to the volume of applications, we reserve the right to close earlier than this date
- Assessment centres are to be held during: May 2023
2 Sisters Food Group